January 2, 2024
Redesigned Import Flow
What's in this post?
This release streamlines file importing with new design, simple drag-and-drop capabilities and clear file type options to enhance the user experience. Alongside, we've implemented a series of performance-enhancing upgrades and fixes for a seamless and frustration-free design journey.
-Siddhartha Goutham, Product Growth Lead
We have redesigned the import flow for a seamless user experience while importing files and topography into Snaptrude.
- Click ‘Import’ from the menu bar. In the import modal that appears, you can now drag and drop files directly or click on a specific file type for importing files belonging to that file type. The file extensions supported for importing are mentioned under each file type.
- You can also load topography from the same modal by clicking the ‘Load Topography’ button. Customize it by choosing if you want to import the topography elevation, 3D buildings and if you want to switch to satellite view.
- You will also be able to view useful tips and recommendations to avoid errors during importing.
What We’ve Improved
This release also comes with a slew of upgrades and fixes to enhance your workflow and ensure a smoother, optimized design experience.
- Walls now retain existing voids even after multiple edits to wall thickness, allowing for new voids to be added without issue.
- Wall edits with doors/windows no longer cause geometry issues. Doors and windows adjust smoothly to changes in wall height and thickness.
- Instance copies of arc walls now correctly reflect height changes made to the parent wall.
- Visual consistency achieved for arc and line tools in 3D mass drawing. Straight wall visualizer now consistently appears in 3D when switching from arc walls to straight walls.
- Slab extrusion now follows expected behavior: downwards when drawn on the ground, upwards when drawn in 3D.
- Circles can now be drawn freely within two-edge masses, ensuring accurate mass generation.
- Transparency issue caused by changing wall thickness and type in wood stud walls has been fixed.
- Correct furniture dimensions are reflected after Revit export.
- Door/window indicators and dimension lines now retain black color after switching off hidden line view.
- Staircase defaults in imperial units have been corrected to 1' tread, 3' flight width, and 3' landing depth.